Thursday, February 08, 2007

IT WORKS, BITCHES.

A slightly belated christmas present came in the mail today. I'm so psyched, but unfortunately, it's a short-sleeve t-shirt, and while I am wearing it, no one can tell. It'll be our little secret for now.

On the front:






And on the back ...









This is, of course, the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) spectrum, with the COBE data on top of the predicted model, where the errorbars/points are grossly oversized, and it is, of course, from xckd. Because where else would you see the ACM mentioned in a comic—let alone one that is also discussing the inherent hilarity of trancendental numbers disturbing cozy close to integers?
And now I must stop, lest I either link to or show every other comic on the site. Bitches.

2 comments:

Jon Voisey said...

I was wanting to get that shirt, but last time I had money, all they had in stock was the baby doll tees.

I'm not sure how good that'd look on me...

skywalkthisway said...

OK, I really need to get a job (...I know) so I can pick up one of those. Big fan of xkcd, but I hadn't noticed that he was selling shirts.